From Summerville Metal Roofing to any metal roof installation in Charleston SC, we’ve got you covered.
From putting a roof on new construction homes in Charleston, SC, to replacing your existing Summerville metal roofing, Powell Roofing can handle it!
Why is metal roofing perfect for my Charleston or Summerville, SC home?
Metal roofing is a great option because of its lifespan, very minimal maintenance, and energy efficiency. A representative from Powell Roofing can help you weigh your roofing options, compare costs, advantages and disadvantages.
Major Advantages of metal roofs
Metal roofing offer tons of great benefits including:
- Great lifespan. Metal roofs can last decades upon decades depending on the material selected. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have a much shorter life expectancy depending on the roof material
- Durability. Some metal roofs are strong and can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour. Metal roofs don’t need the costly maintenance that other roofing materials often require.
- Safety. Metal roofing on your Summerville or Charleston home will not spark and ignite into flames in a wildfire or lightning strike.
- Energy efficiency. Metal roofs reflect heat and can reduce cooling costs by up to 25%.
- Environmentally friendly. Metal roofs often contain recycled content depending on the material , but are also 100% recyclable when replaced.
Some Disadvantages of Metal Roofs
Metal roofing does have some potential drawbacks you should be aware of.
- Affordability. Metal roofs can be as much as two or three times more expensive than other roofing materials. If you plan to stay in your home, this is a roof that will last you a lifetime.
- Noisiness. Metal roofs can be noisy, especially during a heavy rain or hailstorm. You can combat noise by adding more insulation, but some people love the sound of a metal roof.
- Performance. If water accumulates anywhere on the roof because of poor-quality installation or repair, it can eventually cause serious damage. Make sure you use a reputable metal roofing company in Charleston to install your roof to avoid this major pitfall. Standing water is no good!