Need a metal roof installation company in Charleston SC?
Whether you’re putting a roof on a new home in Charleston SC, or your existing roof needs to be completely replaced, there are many roofing materials available to choose from. Metal roofing is a great option because of its lifespan, very minimal maintenance, and energy efficiency. A representative from Powell Roofing can help you weight your roofing options, compare costs, advantages and disadvantages.
Major Advantages of metal roofs
Metal roofs offer tons of great benefits including:
- Great lifespan. Metal roofs can last decades upon decades depending on the material selected. Traditional asphalt roofing materials have a much shorter life expectancy depending on the roof material
- Durability. Some metal roofs are strong and can sustain wind gusts up to 140 miles per hour. Metal roofs don’t need the costly maintenance that other roofing materials often require.
- Safety. Metal roofing will not spark and ignite into flames in a wildfire or lightning strike.
- Energy efficiency. Metal roofs reflect heat and can reduce cooling costs by up to 25%.
- Environmentally friendly. Metal roofs often contain recycled content depending on the material , but are also 100% recyclable when replaced.
Some Disadvantages of Metal Roofs
Metal roofing does have some potential drawbacks you should be aware of.
- Affordability. Metal roofs can be as much as two or three times more expensive than other roofing materials. If you plan to stay in your home, this is a roof that will last you a lifetime.
- Noisiness. Metal roofs can be noisy, especially during a heavy rain or hailstorm. You can combat noise by adding more insulation, but some people love the sound of a metal roof.
- Performance. If water accumulates anywhere on the roof because of poor-quality installation or repair, it can eventually cause serious damage. Make sure you use a reputable company to install your roof to avoid this major pitfall. Standing water is no good!